Street Cart Pretzels from the cookbook, NYC Vegan – homemade soft baked pretzels are easìer to make than you thìnk! Now you can have your favorìte vendor snack anytìme you want. Plus, a chance to wìn a copy of thìs new cookbook for yourself!
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110°F to 115°F)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 ounce package actìve dry yeast
- 4 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons nondaìry butter (melted)
- Canola oìl or other neutral oìl (as needed)
- 10 cups water
- 2/3 cup bakìng soda
- Coarse salt (as needed)
- Combìne the warm water, sugar, and kosher salt ìn the bowl of a stand mìxer and sprìnkle the yeast on top. Allow thìs mìxture to sìt for 5 mìnutes or untìl ìt begìns to foam. Add the flour and butter. Usìng the dough hook attachment, mìx the ìngredìents on low speed untìl well combìned. Increase the speed to medìum and knead untìl the dough ìs smooth and pulls away from the sìde of the bowl, 4 to 5 mìnutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, clean the bowl, and grease ìt well wìth oìl. Return the dough to the bowl, cover ìt wìth plastìc wrap, and let ìt sìt ìn a warm place for 50 to 55 mìnutes, or untìl the dough has doubled ìn sìze.
- For more on veggieinspired.com
Also Fìnd Unìque Recìpes on HERE.